Friday, December 21, 2007

Father Of Lights

Tonight I felt led to drive through a neighborhood and look at the Sparkling Christmas lights that have lit up the sidewalks for the past few weeks. Decorative lighting that is all white and wrapped tightly around the bottom of a tree trunk to the top with streams cascading down as limbs of light are my favorite kind.

I have noticed this one particular section many times as I have driven down Chimney Rock but could never truly see the delight waiting for me as I hurried past. Tonight I took the time to see what my soul longs for daily. When I turned onto the street there were several homes with lights that fill my hearts delight. I noticed a group of folks gathered around the dining table laughing as they enjoyed the final moments of the evening. I rounded the corner and I was blessed greatly by dozens of trees because they lit up the street like a parade. There was no need for moon light

I stopped. Truly stopped, did not just pause to take in the captivating simplicity of white lights on trees. When I began to drive again I was a giddy girl laughing out loud and longing to touch the streams of light. All I could think about is how Jesus the light of the world and even without the moon, sun or stars He is all the light we need! Enjoy Him in a fresh new way this Christmas.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

No comments: