Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Goodbye For Now





At 12:26 p.m. my phone rang and it was my baseball buddy Bret (BBB). The second thing he said to me was “I hate to rain on your parade” … I knew what was next. I hollered in sadness as my dream of marrying an Astros player was crushed (drama can be so fun). After an award winning scene worthy of many accolades I regained my composure to read about the details. It was such a blessing to log into my email to see that a few of my other friends felt inclined to send me the news. Ryan McPhetridge sent me the link at 12:21 p.m., David Hilburn asked me if I was moving to Baltimore at 12:24 p.m. and at 12:40 p.m. Steven Murray sent me a condolences e-card from Dayspring telling me how sad he is for my loss.

The good news in this is that the northeastern part of the U.S. is where my favorite vacation destinations beckon me to come see their beauty. I’ve not yet been to Maryland and it looks like I may visit sooner than later! Just for the record, I may be a fan of a particular player but that does not mean that I'm a fan of the team. I am a fan of the Astros! Furthermore, it seems to me that they sure did give up a lot for this boy Tejada. Yes I know his stats and about his little victory in Minute Maid park during the All Star Game but he better perform and get us to the World Series! I'm done .... at the moment!

1 comment:

David Hilburn said...

In order to protect the innocent (or perhaps not so innocent), I shall not name who wrote the following when she heard the news of the Luke Scott trade (in her mind, it will never be the Miguel Tejada trade):

"My heart is broken and I shall never love again."