Friday, December 21, 2007

Seasoned With Salt

I had dinner with a few of my good girlfriends tonight. We have a "date night" with each other every few months. It is always a blessing full of fun that only girlfriends can bring to your life. I was sharing a story of something God had done this week and read Psalm 20. As I was finishing the story I noticed two gentlemen sitting at the table behind us had been drawn into the story and were eagerly listening to my praise. I felt a bit awkward at first because I was sharing a personal, intimate story with my sisters unaware of mindful strangers but I quickly moved past that because at the end of the day what does it really matter.

But after thinking on it some more it occurred to me that if my conversation had failed to be honoring to God it could have completely closed their heart to any future encounters they may have with fellow believers. So, at the end of the day it does matter. I left feeling thankful that my conversation gave God glory instead of shame. I hope that seeds of His love were planted in hearts of strangers that I may one day meet.

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one. Colossians 4:6

No comments: