Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gifts at Christmas

I went to the Third Day and Jars of Clay concert last Friday and it was really good. Third Day is one of my favorite groups but this was a Christmas tour so I expected seasonal Christmas songs but was greatly blessed with wonderful worship songs mixed into the song sets. Songs like Show Me Your Glory (my favorite Third Day song), God of Wonders, Creed and a few others. I was sitting in the third row. I love it, third row for Third Day. I wish I would have taken my camera.

God spoke to me about several things while enjoying tremendous musical talent. One of the things was gift giving at Christmas. I've struggled for many years with giving gifts at Christmas because it always seems to be about what one will be getting or what you want instead of Jesus Christ, the reason for the season. One year I gave bibles for Christmas and it made me sad because they were not very well received. I suppose when someone is not in love with the word of God they do not appreciate such a spectacular gift.

I felt the Lord lead me to purchase gifts with him in mind. To keep them simple yet something extraordinary that may only be fully appreciated by the recipient and the giver of course. The best thing about it is that on Sunday during Gregg's sermon things were mentioned that confirmed what God has called me to do. It is so spectacular when God speaks something over you, you hear it with ears to hear and then it's confirmed with a few days. There is nothing greater than the voice of God!

When you think about it, what could be more simple yet extraordinary than Jesus and his miraculous birth. Praise Him!

No comments: